Monday, June 23, 2008

Summer Vacation




















Today we are going to start out with a trivia question. Take your time, don't stress out and do your best to answer the question. Here we go;
Which US capital has a "donkey crossing" sign in their downtown area?
A) Des Moines, Iowa
B) Montgomery, Alabama
C) Lincoln, Nebraska
D) Nashville, Tennessee

So what did you guess? If you guessed Nashville, Tennessee, you would be.....absolutely correct! Yes believe it or not, Nashville does have a "donkey crossing" sign in its downtown area among a list of other amazing sights. How do I know you ask? Because my family and I just spent a week discovering them all.
A week ago today, Tim, Megan and I embarked on a road trip to Tennessee to visit one of my friends Robin. After catching up and seeing her beautiful home in the country, we took a 45 minute drive into the big city. When I say drive, I mean roller coaster ride. The roads leading to Robin's house are better then Six Flags. They are called S curves, but believe me I have never experienced anything like them in Illinois. Now those of you who have had the pleasure of driving with me, know I don't drive slow. But in Charlotte, TN I am offically known as a granny! Yes, I know it's a shock, but it is true. But in my defense I had to drive slow to avoid throwing up on my husband sitting in the passenger seat. Who by the way was laughing his butt off, when he wasn't taking pictures of the train of cars behind me. This from the man who doesn't understand the difference between a Nascar and a minivan.
Now I have been to big cities before, but I have to say none of them can hold a candle to Nashville. Their slogan, "Nashville, a big city with a small town feel" and they are right. Nashville has all the same attractions of Chicago or Milwaukee like museums, restaurants and concerts. But the difference is the energy of the city. It's not hectic or stressful, it feels like your walking through your home town with a bunch of your "kin." Sorry after a week you start to pick up the accent.
But seriously, our family had a great time discovering Tennessee. We saw so many cool sights and had so much fun. I could go on and on about the trip, but to save time and blog space, I have attached some pics. These were some of the many highlights. Enjoy....

1 comment:

Tom said...

Hey wheres my picture? Oh yeah Im the donkey huh LOL