Thursday, October 2, 2008

Fall

Fall is my favorite time of year. The weather cools down, the leaves turn brilliant colors and football begins. It is the time of year to pull out your favorite comfty sweatshirt and take your kids to the pumpkin farm. It is a time to take in another season of God's beauty and creativity. It constantly amazes me how each season of the year has it's own beauty. It's own sights, smells and tastes. Living in the midwest is a challenge with its extreme temperatures through out the year. But in the same sense the change of seasons are also the reward.


This year, fall is reminding me to change and grow to be more like Christ. To overcome the challenges that are facing me and to look to God for my worth and for truth. A good friend of mine told me this week that "it is unfair to expect someone to do something that they are incapable of doing." She's so RIGHT! In the same token it is unfair to expect more out of ourselves than we are capable of doing. So today, I've decided to allow myself some grace. To take one day at a time, good or bad. To rely on God for strength, instead of myself. To ask God for wisdom to make the changes that need to be made.


Dear Lord, I love you. I thank you for your grace and forgiveness. I thank you for second, third, fourth chances. I thank you for my child and my husband and my friends. But most of all I thank you for your love. Amen.

No comments: